The Douglass Interior Craftsman Scholarship
A first of its kind scholarship dedicated to providing new and upcoming upholsterers with the tools they need to excel in the business. We at Douglass Interior Products have always had a passion for the work we do, the quality at which we do it, and the customers we create lifelong partnerships with. Having been in the upholstery business since 1978, we have seen this industry change and grow in the most exciting and innovative ways. We are inspired by the craftsmanship of so many builders we have the privilege to work with, and are more motivated than ever to cultivate the new generation of upholsterers.
Around this time last year, we at Douglass began working on ways to give back to this community and businesses we have called family for years. We felt most excited by the idea of providing an opportunity for an up-and-coming upholsterer or designer to learn and be mentored by the best in the business. If you are, or know of, a new upholsterer or someone currently apprenticing at an experienced shop, we would love them to apply for our first annual Douglass Interior Craftsman Scholarship.
What’s the Prize?
The winner of the first annual Douglass Interior Craftsman Scholarship will receive the following:
- The Scottish Leather Group – Muirhead: Winner will receive a weeklong trip to the Muirhead Tannery in Scotland, give you a tour, and teach you the ins and outs of their cutting edge leather cut and sew practices.
- Bitchin’ Stitchin’: Led by Justin Stephens and Phil Cato, the winner will be fully sponsored to a weekend course on either door panel building or seat building with two of the best in the business
- Douglass Interior Products: Winner will be provided a mentor for one year to bounce ideas off of and connect you with the who’s who in the business
- The Lucky Needle: Winner will receive full access to their online instructional platform, over 24 hours of online tutorial content ranging from absolute beginner to advanced techniques
- Street Rod Interiors by Sid Chavers: a DVD set including 3 courses – Seats, Panels, and Headliners
- “How To” and Pictorial Books by Ron Mangus: Winner will receive these two books by well known and respected upholsterer Ron Mangus
We at Douglass feel so fortunate to call some of the best upholsters in the Aerospace, Automotive, and Furnishing industries family; and it is our passion to continue to bolster the next wave of award-winning upholsters to illustrious careers.
A Google account is required to submit the above form.